Sunday, October 20, 2013

Texas Adjustments Part IV

Enough with the federal delegations, time to head to the State level.

When I fled south, I got to leave Rick "Governor Nerd" Snyder, Michigan's CEO:



And when I crossed the border at Texarkana, I inherited Rick "Governor Hair" Perry, Texas' CEO.



Ugh. Both men are complete Richards who go by Rick. They are also both obscenely Rich. And, not incidentally, they both have acted like complete Dicks during their terms in office.

I'm thankful Snyder actually understood the need to expand Medicaid in Michigan -- and pushed for it. But I will never, ever, ever forgive Snyder for signing "Right-to-Work" legislation in Michigan. End of story -- the man is dead to me.

Perry, well, there's not enough space here to talk about him. From the death penalty, to guns, to threatening the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, to showing zero compassion and intelligence with regard to health reform, to his stupid secession talk; I sure hope the door smacks his butt hard on his way out in January, 2015. Of course, we're probably going to get some one even worse, so... sigh.

Anyhow, this one is a push -- preferably off a cliff, Thelma-and-Louise-style. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to read a few Molly Ivins columns with a stiff drink nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment